A group may have 4-5 people. Each group is given a topic, which may be general or specific one. Once you have passed the intelligence test then your GD, oratory and communication skills and problem solving skills will be tested. In order to help you better we have a few set of tips and points which will be helpful during preparation or presenting your thoughts.
1. Go through the below mentioned important points for your Group Discussion and give out your best:
- Be aware of latest happenings around you. For this you can be used to the habit of Reading News papers or watch news. To be in a better position, make sure that you have deep knowledge on the specified subject. And if you can memorize some relevant data, then it will be of a greater advantage.
- Collect news and magazines that may have rich content. Plus reading over a period of time, helps in you understanding of a particular subject/ topic better. Make sure you know the topics well and can come up with some unique, insightful points along with important date and stating facts.
- It is important for you to be well versed in your communication skills. You should have a good vocabulary and a decent command over English.
- Once the topic is being announced in the Group Discussion listen carefully and understand it. Be alert and vigilant. Some times the topic may seam to be very simple but putting your views into explanation might be quite difficult.
- Try and Maintain balance in your voice and always remember that your body language do matter the most. Do not raise your tone in objection. Listen to others point of view and instead of dismissing in upfront, try and draw a common base.
- Listening skill is important. Carefully listen to what others have to say. Just speaking throughout the discussion does not make you smart. Listen to others, let them speak and then speak when its your turn to express out your views. This also shows that you are vigilant and are an active participant in the discussion.
- Conclusion also plays the best role. If you can grab the opportunity to close the discussion, then you should summarize. If the group has not reached a conclusion try concluding it.
2. How can you give your Best Interview?
- Always remain positive during the interview even if things aren't going well as you had hoped for. Try not to leave the interviewer with at least one thing about you that might be unique from other candidates that would be valuable to the company if they hired you.
- If during an interview you realize that the position is not of interest to you, complete the interview and answer the questions as you would do if you were interested in the job.
- Never speak negative about your former or current employer or divulge confidential information that you shouldn't. And Listen completely when a interviewer is speaking.
- If you have work experience, you can expect some questions around that. Besides your role in you current organization, be ready for questions about latest developments in the industry/sector that you are working in.
- Some of the simple questions expected are as follows:
- Why you wish to pursue an MBA?
- Some of the projects you have done during your academic course; this could be another focus area; be well prepared for this.
- Instances in your life where you have demonstrated particular qualities such as leadership, team-skills, worked under pressure etc.
- Your hobbies and interests
- Your strengths and weakness.
- Apart from this, general behavior questions like why MBA, short term and long term plans and which company you want to work etc.. should be well rehearsed.
Well, hope these points were helpful for you. Now prepare yourself and go ahead to give your best with confidence.