Kannada Rajyotsava is celebrated on November 1 with great pomp in the state of Karnataka. Kannadigas celebrate the day as the Karnataka State formation day where all the Kannada language-speaking regions of South India were merged to form the State. Many schools and educational institutions across Karnataka host various cultural events along with an essay writing and elocution on Kannada Rajyotsava. Here, we have listed some interesting points about Karnataka State that will help students to draft an effective Kannada Rajyotsava essay or Kannada Rajyotsava speech.
Kannada Rajyotsava History
- Today's Karnataka was originally called as the Mysore State, which is within India from 1948 until 1956.
- Maharaja of Mysore Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar agreed to become the part of India after independence.
- Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar became Rajpramukh of Mysore State from 1950 to 1956 and the Governor of Mysore State.
- The State Reorganization Act renamed the Mysore State as Karnataka on November 1, 1973.
Karnataka State Formation
- The Reorganization Act, 1956 merged the parts of Coorg, Madras, Hyderabad and Bombay into the Mysore State.
- Belgaum (except Chandgad Taluk), Bijapur, Dharwar, and North Canara were transferred from Bombay State to the Mysore State.
- Bellary district was transferred to Mysore State from Andhra State.
- South Canara was transferred from Madras State.
- Koppal, Raichur, Gulbarga and Bidar districts were transferred from Hyderabad State.
- Coorg also became a district of Mysore State.
- The state was renamed Karnataka on 1 November 1973.
- There are 19 districts in Karnataka when the state was formed.
Kannada Rajyotsava Celebrations
- Kannadigas celebrate Kannada Rajyotsava across the state without any distinction of religion, caste and gender.
- Many people celebrate Kannada Rajyotsava by hoisting the Karnataka State flags (red and yellow) and chanting of the Kannada anthem (Jaya Bharatha Jananiya Tanujate).
- The celebrations also include carrying of multicoloured tableaux along with performances of the folk artists and classical Carnatic music.
- The State Government of Karnataka announces Rajyotsava awards, which are awarded on this day.
- The Rajyotsava awards are awarded to people who contribute to the development of the state.
Kannada Rajyotsava Flag
- Students can consider the official flag of a Karnataka (Kannada flag) to participate in school activities.
- The Kannada flag was designed and popular during pro-Kannada movements in the 1960s.
- The yellow-red flag is present everywhere across the state starting from atop buildings to road junctions.
Kannada Rajyotsava Speech
- Students can participate in the Kannada Rajyotsava speech only after a lot of groundwork regarding the topic.
- Aspirants should be clear with the topic to deliver on Kannada Rajyotsava.
- One should practice their speech effectively and try to speak from your tummy.
- It is also advised to feel the rhythm in your body during Kannada Rajyotsava speech.
- Candidates should practice their Kannada Rajyotsava speech in a large or open space to understand the pitch of voice.
Kannada Rajyotsava Essay
- One can start writing an essay on Kannada Rajyotsava based on history, celebration and importance. However, students should take utmost care about their work. Some tips to write Kannada Rajyotsava essay.
- While writing Kannada Rajyotsava essay in English, students are advised to be clear with the type of essay - narrative/descriptive/persuasive.
- An essay on Kannada Rajyotsava is huge to write. Hence, do brainstorm on this point.
- It is also advised to do some research before writing an essay.
- Prepare an outline of your essay before writing.
- Never go wrong with spelling mistakes or grammatical errors