The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will conduct the Biotechnology paper on Mar 17, 2018. To help students score better in their board exams, we are providing with sample paper for Biotechnology of the year 2018 and use it for reference. Practising these sample papers will help you get acquainted with the format of the exam paper and the type of questions asked in board exams.
The Biotechnology paper will carry 70 marks. The duration of the exam will be of three hours. Candidates should now focus on solving sample papers, so as to learn time management. The paper will be divided into four sections. Here are a few important questions:
- Expand and define PER?
- Write any one distinguishing feature of pBR 322 & pUC 19 vectors?
- How is Lipofection used to deliver genes into cells?
- Explain various plant regeneration pathways.
- Differentiate between somaclonal variations and gametoclonal variations. Who proposed the term "Somaclones" for plant variants?
- What is meant by Tissue Engineering?
- How can you maximize protein stability during purification? Write any two parameters for the same.
- What is DNA probe? Explain the principles of Sanger's method of DNA sequencing?
- Explain the methods which can be used for the scaling up of animal culture.
- Outline the process of creation of chimeric mouse by embryonic stem cell culture.
- What are edible vaccines? How are they better than conventional vaccines?Give any two points or What are somatic hybrids? How are they produced?
- Expand Blast. Differentiate Homologues and Paralogs?
- How would you detect a specific microbial contamination from a given water sample using PCR. Give a brief explanation of the process.
- Name the technique developed by 'O' Farrel. Schematically depict key steps in the separation of proteins using the technique. Highlight the basis of separation at each step.
- Classify protein-based products. Give one example under each category along with its application. How are these used to the biotechnology industry?