They say that it is the little drops of water that make a mighty ocean. Thus, if you are somebody who is looking forward to scoring more than 90 and perhaps even top the upcoming board exams, you cannot ignore the one mark questions. Unless and until you score well in these you cannot dream of scoring well overall.
In order to aid the preparation level of the students who will be appearing for the board exams in a matter of days now, we have carefully compiled a list of important one mark mathematics questions. Thus, if you are someone who is appearing for your class 10 board exams later this month, here is a list of questions that you must be thorough with.
Range Of Prime Numbers
1. What is the range of the first ten prime numbers 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23 and 29?
Mean And Standard Deviation
2. If the mean and the standard deviation of a data is 48 and 12 respectively, what is their coefficient of variation?
Equation Of A Straight Line With A Slope
3. The equation of a straight line having a slope of 3 and a y intercept of -4 is
i. 3x - y - 4 = 0
ii. 3x + y - 4 = 0
iii. 3x - y + 4 = 0
iv. 3x + y + 4 = 0
Slope Of The Line
4. Slope of the line joining the points (3, -2) and (-1, a) is -3, 2. Find out the value of a
Height Of The Tower
5. If a vertical stick that is 12 m long casts a shadow 8 m long on the ground and at the same time a tower casts a shadow 40 m long on the ground, then what is the height of the tower?
i. 40 m
ii. 50 m
iii. 75 m
iv. 60 m
6. Triangles ABC and DEF are similar. Their areas are 100 sq cm and 49 sq cm respectively. If one side of the triangle is 8cm, then what is the corresponding side of the other triangle?
i. 4 cm
ii. 3 cm
iii. 9 cm
iv. 6 cm
Series And Sequences
7. What is the 8th term in this series 1, 1,2, 3, 5, 8, ....
Volume Of Two Cylinders
8. The ratio of the respective heights and the respective radii of two cylinders are 1:2 and 2:1 respectively. What is the ratio of their respective volumes?
i. 4 : 1
ii. 1 : 4
iii. 2 : 1
iv. 1 : 2
Curved Surface Area Of Cones
9. If the circumference at the base of a right circular cone and the slant height are 120 pi cm and 10 cm respectively, then what does the curved surface area of the cone equal to?
i. 1200 pi cm sq
ii. 600 pi cm sq
iii. 300 pi cm sq
iv. 600 cm sq
10. If a, b, c, l, m and n are in arithmetic progression, then 3a + 7, 3b + 7, 3c + 7, 3l +7, 3m +7 and 3n+7 forms a what?
i. A geometric progression
ii. An arithmetic progression
iii. A constant sequence
iv. Neither an arithmetic progression nor a geometric progression
11. If T is the standard deviation of x, y and z, then what is the standard deviation of x + 5, y + 5 and z + 5?
i. T / 3
ii. T + 5
Volume Of A Sphere
12. The radius of a sphere is half the radius of another sphere. What is the ratio of their respective volumes?
i. 1 : 8
ii. 2 : 1
iii. 1 : 2
iv. 8: 1
13. If the variance of 14, 18, 22, 26 and 30 is 32, then what is the variance of 28, 36, 44, 52 and 60?
Point Of Intersection
14. What is the point of intersection of the straight lines y = 0 and x= - 4
i. ( 0, -4 )
ii. ( - 4, 0 )
iii. ( 0, 4 )
iv. ( 4, 0 )
Series And Sequences
15. Which of the following statements is not true?
i. A sequence is a real valued function defined on N.
ii. Every function represents a sequence.
iii. A sequence may have infinitely many terms.
iv. A sequence may have a finite number of terms.