An official employment notification has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) calling out for interested and eligible candidates to apply for the post of Research Officer/Planning Officer. The candidates will be working for Directorate General of Employment (DGE) under Ministry of Labour and Employment.
The contract period is two years.
Name of the post:
Research Officer/Planning Officer
Number of posts
The number of vacancy is 1 for UR (1), OBC (0), SC (0) and ST (0).
All the candidates interested in applying need to possess a Master's degree in Economics/Statistics/ Mathematics/Psychology/Commerce/Education from a recognised university or institute.
Further, the candidate should have three years' experience in handling employment problems including two years' experience in research and collection of data concerning the world of occupations.
Interested candidates should not exceed the maximum age limit of 30 years.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs 25 (non-refundable) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit cards.
There is no fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community. OBC male candidates are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
How to apply for the UPSC Recruitment 2017?
In order to apply for the UPSC Recruitment 2017, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website, upsconline.nic.in
- Click on 'ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA) FOR VARIOUS RECRUITMENT POSTS'
- Search for the post 'Research Officer/Planning Officer 'with Apply Now button
- Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format
- Click to submit
Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the commission.
Roles and responsibilities
- Statistical work including collection, compilation and dissemination of employment/unemployment data
- Coordination in respect of Plan Schemes of Employment Directorate and reviewing of physical and financial targets
- Examination of various statistical reports of various organisations
- Coordination of the work relating to computerisation/digitisation of employment exchanges in States/UT
The last date to apply for the same is December 14.