The expansion and increasing competition among the players in the media industry, along with the promising career in the field journalism and in other various avenues, has created considerable scope for journalism in India.
Among many journalism colleges in India, there are a few colleges that have adequate curriculum in the field of journalism. With the significant changes in the new age journalism, selecting the best institute or college for a successful career plays an key role.
CareerIndia gives you the list of top 10 colleges in India for Journalism and mass communication after analysing and assessing various factors associated with the colleges.
Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
- MICA is the only residential institute in the country dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution, offering a wide-range of academic programmes.
- MICA has three residential programs - the Post Graduate Programme (PGP), the Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) and the Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
For further information, visit www.mica.ac.in
Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
About Asian College of Journalism
- The Asian College of Journalism is a postgraduate college designed to provide students with world-class journalism education adapted to the specific needs of India and other developing countries in Asia.
- Members of the previous ACJ classes have proved to be in high demand and are already at work in all areas of journalism.
For further information, visit www.asianmedia.org
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
- The institute offers a broad range of practical skills andconcepts involving the gathering, editing and presentation of information, and prepare them for a career in journalism.
- There is strong emphasis on the "craft" of journalism, the curriculum is designed to help students draw on and supplement basic education.
For further information, visit www.iijnm.org
Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
- SIMC are the premier pure-play Media & Communication School nurturing and developing future leaders in the a. creative content generation (MMC) and b. managing creative businesses- MBA(CM).
- They offer 2 full-time post graduate degree programmes in the areas of Mass communication (production of creative content), Brand communication and Media management (management of creative businesses).
For further information, visit http://simc.edu/
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- IIMC provides world class teaching, training and research, thus preparing students to take on the challenges of a highly competitive world.
- The IIMC Society, an autonomous body funded by the Government of India through the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India.
For further information, visit www.iimc.nic.in
Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
About Xavier Institute of Communications
- The Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC) is a professional media centre which offers a variety of services in training and production.
- XIC ranks among the biggest non-government media centres in Asia.
For further information, visit www.xaviercomm.org
AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research, Jamia, New Delhi
About AJK MCRC
- AJK MCRC is globally recognised as a premium institution in the field of mass communication.
- The MCRC provides the highest standard of media education and training with a professionally and academically accomplished faculty and a broad spectrum of visiting professionals.
For further information, visit http://ajkmcrc.org/
Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
- The mission of MASCOM is to train aspiring journalists so they become fully integrated members of the media industry.
- To provide students with hands-on experience in the functioning of large and small media organisations and to create an awareness of critical management issues in the newspaper industry.
For further information, visit www.manoramajschool.com
Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- The objectives for which the Institute is established are:
- to develop suitable patterns of teaching in all branches of film and television, both at under-graduate and post-graduate levels, so as to establish high standards of films and television education in India.
- To constantly endeavor at raising the technical standards of Indian films and television programmes so as to make them aesthetically more satisfying and acceptable.
For further information visit www.ftiindia.com
Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
About Times School of Journalism
- The Times Group is India's largest media house with a dominant presence across all media platforms and a footprint spanning the whole of Indian sub-continent.
- The flagship daily of the group - The Times of India - is today the largest English newspaper in the world with its sister publication - The Economic Times being world's second-largest English business daily.
For further information, visit www.timesmediastudies.com