An official notification has been released by the former US President Barack Obama through Obama Foundation, calling out for people from various walks of life to apply for a fellowship programme. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online now before the deadline ends.
Key points covered
- Guidance in developing a personalized Fellowship roadmap to help you get the most out of the program
- Ongoing skill-building and training courses tailored to your particular needs
- Individual coaching and mentoring to help you move your work forward
- Participation in a global cohort of leaders poised to change the civic engagement landscape
- Exposure to opportunities provided by other Foundation programming, such as mentorship roles and speaking engagements
- Participation in four gatherings (including economy airfare to/from the event, lodging, and all meals during the events)
- For the inaugural class - the opportunity to shape the Fellowship program for future years
The candidates must:
- Belong to any part of the world
- Be fluent in written and spoken English as all programming will be conducted in English
- Be 18 years of age or older
The first class will be notified of their acceptance into the program in Feb. 2018, and the official gathering will be held April 2018 in Chicago, the home of the foundation's headquarters.
Application tips as recommended by the foundation
- Keep it brief and real
- Don't be afraid to brag
- Draft your application offline and then apply online
How to apply for the Obama Foundation fellowship program?
In order to apply for the program, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website of the foundation
- Read the information available carefully
- Click on the Apply button
- A new page with instructions will open. Click on the Start Application button
- A form will open. Enter the required particulars in a rough draft offline.
- Review your draft and paste it online
- Click to Submit
- Complete the registration process
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 6 October 2017.