An official notification has been released by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), calling out for interested and eligible candidates to apply for International Fellowship Programme 2017. This is for junior and senior scientists related to Biomedical/Research/Health institution.
The candidates who are getting the fellowship will be called ICMR International Fellows (ICMR-IF).
- The candidate must hold a regular position in a recognised Biomedical/ Research/ health institution.
- The application must be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution, with the statement that the applicant will be considered a full-time employee of the institution during the period of the fellowship.
- Letter of acceptance from the host Institute must be submitted by the applicant.
- Plan of training must be submitted by the applicant for availing this fellowship.
For young scientist applicant
- Must have completed M.D./ PhD degree
- Must be below the age of 45 yearsMust have at least 3 years of teaching/research experience
For senior scientist applicant
- Must have completed M.D/ PhD degree
- Must be below the age of 57 years
- Must have at least 15 years of teaching/research experience
- For young scientist- 3 to 6 months
- For senior scientist- 10 to 15 days
Number of positions
- Young scientist: 12 seats per year
- Senior scientist: 6 seats per year
USD 3000 per month (includes accommodation and other expense), return economy class airfare for excursion (by Air India), Contingency grant up to INR 20,000
USD 200/day (USD 75/ day up to USD 125 for accommodation expense, up to a max of USD 3000 for the entire stay), return economy class airfare for excursion (by Air India), Contingency grant up to INR 20,000 Legal bond of INR 5 lac must be signed between the applicant and the parent institute for a period of 3 years after the return of the applicant from fellowship program.
This undertaking needs to be submitted on a non-judicial stamp paper of INR 50.
How to apply for ICMR Scientist Scholarship?
In order to apply for ICMR Scientist Scholarship, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the website for ICMR-Fellowship
- Download the scholarship form by clicking on 'Download Format for Fellowship'
- Fill the form and send it to ICMR office
Indian Council of Medical Research
V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan
P.O. Box No. 4911
New Delhi - 110029
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 17 December 2017
- The last date to avail the fellowship is 28 February 2018
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 17 December 2017.