An official notification has been released by the All India Council for Technical Education under MHRD scheme calling out for applications from girl students to apply for the scholarship. This is an opportunity for girl students to apply for technical diploma/degree course from an AICTE approved institution for Pragati Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child 2017-18.
Number of positions
A total of 4000 (2000 for diploma and 2000 for degree courses) scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme.
In order to apply for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme, the following is the eligibility criteria. A candidate must:
- Be a girl child
- Be admitted to the first year of diploma/degree program in AICTE approved institutions
- Have annual family income less than INR 8 Lacs from all sources
(Up to two girl child of a family can apply for this scholarship.)
How to apply for the Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
- Log on to the official website
- Register yourself
- After registration, the candidates will receive a confirmation link via email on their registered email ID.
- Click on the email link to confirm registration.
- Login again using registered email id and password.
- Enter your details in the online application form carefully
- Upload required documents in the prescribed format.
- Click to submit
- Save the completed application acknowledgement for future reference
The selected students will receive-Tuition fee of INR 30000 or actual (whichever is less)Incidental charges of INR 2000 per month for a duration of 10 months every year.
This includes tuition fee reimbursement/waiver, the students will get INR 30000 for purchasing books, software, equipment, desktop, laptop, vehicle or fee for application of competitive examination.
Documents to submit
- Class 10/12 mark sheet (as applicable)
- Income certificate of the family issued for the previous financial year by an official, not below the Tahsildar's rank in the prescribed format
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhar indicating candidate's photograph, account number and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aaadhar card
- Duly signed declaration of confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
- For SC candidates - 15%
- For ST candidates - 7.5%
- For OBC candidates - 27%