That which seems to be a great news to bank job aspirants, State Bank of India is likely to advertise about 2000 job vacancies for the post of clerk/assistants. For SBI Clerk 2016 recruitments, the State Bank of India will conduct entrance examinations online. The examinations for the same can be held anywhere between March - June. The entrance exam will be held in 2 phases preliminary and main examination, both the exams shall be conducted online.
Name of the examination: State Bank of India Clerk Exam 2016 (SBI Clerk 2016), also known as SBI Clerk Exam, SBI Assistant Exam
Mode of examination: Online
Conducting Body: State Bank of India
The selection process for these posts happen in multiple stages. This articles gives you everything you need to know about SBI Clerk 2016 recruitment, from eligibility to exam pattern. Read further:
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk 2016
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility for SBI Clerk 2016 is as follows:
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognised university or institute.
- Candidates must be between the age of 20 to 28 years as on the date specified.
How to apply for SBI Clerk 2016/ Application procedure for SBI Clerk 2016
- Application forms can be filled online only.
- Candidates can fill the application forms available on the official website of SBI.
- Candidates have to submit their basic details while filling in the application forms.
- Application fee of Rs. 600 for general category candidates and Rs.100 for reserved category candidates can be paid both online and offline.
- Candidates can pay online through credit/debit card or net banking.
- Candidates can pay offline through challan, which can be downloaded from the SBI website.
- After completion application process, candidates are required to take a print out of the filled application form for further reference.
Selection procedure for SBI Clerk 2016
- Selection process for the SBI Clerk posts includes several stages like online examination, document verification and personal interview.
- Candidates who qualify online written examination are called for interview round which is followed by document verification round.
- A merit list is created based on the candidates performance in the online written examination and personal interview.
- The Candidates on the final merit list are appointed as assistant or clerks in branches of SBI.
Examination Pattern for SBI Clerk 2016
Having a fair idea of the exam pattern is always better before starting to preparation for the exam. The exam paper pattern gives a overall idea about the number of questions, types of questions, the marking scheme and the duration of the exam. Understanding the exam pattern helps students strategise their preparations in a better way to score more. The SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for 2016 is as follows:
- Exams will be held online only.
- Duration of exam is 135 minutes.
- Total marks: 200
- There are 5 sections in the exam paper - General Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and Marketing Aptitude/Computer Knowledge.
- Each section carries 50 marks
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark
- There is a negative marking of 1/4 marks for every wrong answer.
Admit Cards for SBO Clerk 2016 exam
- Admit cards for the exam will be available online.
- Candidates who successfully apply for the exam will be able to access the admit cards.
- Candidates can download admit cards from the official website of SBI.
- Admit cards will not be sent to the candidate in post or any means.
How to download admit cards
- Candidates have to log on to the official website of SBI
- Click on the link to download admit card.
- Candidates will have to input some personal details like date of birth and application number in the space given.
- On submitting the same, SBI Clerk 2016 Hall ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are required to save and take a print out the admit cards for further reference.
- Admit cards is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre, failure of which candidates shall not be allowed to write the exam.
- Candidates are required to keep the admit card safe until the recruitment process is complete.
State Bank of India is the largest bank of India with majority of holding owned by the Government of India. It has several associate banks as well which are as follows - State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Hyderabad, and State Bank of Mysore. Headquarters of SBI is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has over 17,000 branches which includes domestic as well as foreign branches. At present, CMD of SBI is Mrs. Arundhati Bhattacharya. Every year it conducts an entrance examination to recruit candidates on the post of Assistant in Clerical Cadre and Probationary Officer.