Even though earlier in a notification published on GATE 2018 website it was said that the dates will not be extended, the deadline to apply has now been extended to October 9, Monday.
Why has the GATE 2018 application deadline extended?
A notification published on the official website of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 exam has said that, in response to the request received for the extension of the closing date for application submission, it has been extended to 20:00 Hrs (IST) of October 9, 2017 (Monday).
When is GATE 2018?
GATE 2018 examination is scheduled to be held on February, 3, 4, 10 and 11 next year and according to the schedule published by IIT Guwahati - the official organiser of the exam -, the results will be published in March 2018.
What does the official notification read?
"In response to the request received for the extension of the closing date for application submission, it has been extended to 20:00 Hrs (IST) of 9th October 2017 (Monday)," said the notification from the organisers.
The GATE 2018 registration was set to close on October 5, tomorrow. Now the candidates who are planning to register for GATE 2018 will be getting four more days to register.
How to register for GATE 2018?
In order to register for GATE 2018, follow the steps given here:
- Register in GOAPS. A candidate must enter personal details and should choose a password.
- Login to the GATE 2018 GOAPS website with the registration credentials
- Candidates may enter the required details: Address for Communication, Eligibility degree details, College name and address with PIN code, GATE 2018 paper (subject), Choice of GATE 2018 examination cities, Photograph, Image of candidate's signature etc.
- Click "Save and View Application" button.
- Click "Submit and Proceed to Payment" button
- Pay the fee
- Complete the application process