The correction window for the GATE 2018 online application has opened. Candidates who wish to change can edit the columns such as gender, category, and PwD status in their GATE 2018 application.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati has closed the online registration process for GATE 2018 on October 9 after extending it for one time.
How to apply for GATE 2018 Online Application Correction?
In order to apply for correction, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website of GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System)
- Enter your e-mail ID and password
- Click on button "Change Personal Data".
- Candidates should be careful while changing the details and make sure that you have verified the data modified before submitting the same.
- After submitting the form with modified details, the candidates will be taken to the payment page to pay the additional fee.
Fee charges for GATE 2018 application correction
- Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Gender change from Female to Male/Transgender (not applicable for SC/ST and PwD candidates)
- Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Category change from SC/ST to Gen/OBC (not applicable for Female and PwD candidates)
- Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of PwD status change from PwD to non-PwD (not applicable for Female and SC/ST candidates)
To be noted
In any case, the additional fee paid earlier while applying for GATE 2018 will not be refunded. For example, if you are a general candidate changing your gender from Male to Female, you will not be refunded the additional fee paid earlier.
The last date for the correction (including payment) in GATE 2018 forms is October 28, 2017.
About GATE 2018
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018, which is conducted as a qualifying exam for admission and financial support for masters programmes and doctoral programmes in selected engineering, technology and science institutes under the Government of India, is one of the most sought-after academic competitive exam in the country.