Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has conducted the Specialist Officer (SO) exam on December 28 and 29, 2019. Candidates have appeared for the online Preliminary written examination for the recruitment of posts such as Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. The written exam held in multiple shifts at various centres across the country.
Many candidates believe that the written exam was moderate. IBPS SO Prelims exam consists of sections such as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English Language and General Awareness. One should note that General awareness is available only for the post of Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari. Here we bring you the IBPS SO Prelims exam analysis 2019.
IBPS SO Prelims Exam Analysis 2019
|Reasoning||Moderate to difficult||18-20|
|General Awareness||Easy to moderate||18-20|
IBPS SO exam was easy to moderate. A total of 10 questions were asked from the two sets of Reading Comprehension. The other topics are error spotting, word replacement, spellings, para jumbles and fillers.
- Reading Comprehension - 10 questions
- Cloze test - 10 questions
- Spotting Errors - 5 questions
- Sentence Correction - 5 questions
- Sentence Rearrangement - 5 questions
- Fill in the blanks - 5 questions
- Miscellaneous - 10 questions
This section was dominated by puzzles and seating arrangement. This section was between moderate and difficult.
- Sitting arrangement and puzzles - 20 questions
- Inequality - 5 questions
- Syllogism - 5 questions
- Numeric Series - 5 questions
- Coding decoding - 5 questions
- Directions - 2 questions
- Alphabet - 1 questions
- Blood Relation - 3 questions
- Order & Ranking - 5 questions
The reasoning level in the IBPS SO Prelims online exam was moderate. Candidates witnessed over 20 questions from arithmetic problems. They feel that time consumed a lot for questions such as simple interest, compound interest, problems on ages, time & work, etc.
- Number Series - 5 questions
- Quadratic Equations - 5 questions
- Data Interpretation - 3 sets
- Arithmetic Problems - 25 questions
This section was dominated by current affairs. IBPS had continued the trend in banking exams.
The questions from static awareness, government schemes, the Union Budget and the Economy Survey are very less. A few questions were asked on international relations such as COP 25 and 35th ASEAN Summit 2019.