The Indian Maritime University (IMU) has released the exam dates for IMU Common Entrance Test , IMU CET 2016. IMU CET 2016 will be held on June 4, 2016 by the IMU, Uthandi. IMU CET 2016 will be a computer based test.
IMU CET 2016 is held for admissions into the following courses at Indian Maritime University Campuses for the academic session 2016:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Ship Building & Repair, Maritime Science, Nautical Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Port and Shipping Management, International Transportation and Logistics Management
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering and Dredging and Harbour Engineering
Interest candidates details of admission process, eligbility criteria, and important dates for IMU CET 2016
For B.Tech/B.Sc Programmes:
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
For M.Tech Programme:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Marine/Naval Architecture or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Candidates should have an aggregate marks fo 60%.
For MBA programme:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks from ta recognised univeristy.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee of Rs.1000 must be paid for general candidates and Rs.700 must be paid for SC/ST candidates.
IMU CET 2016 Paper pattern:
For UG Programmes:
- Syllabus will consist of questions from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and state boards)
For MBA programmes:
- Syllabus will be from sections like Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal ability and Logical reasoning
For M.Tech programmes:
- Syllabus will be from sections English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Mathematics and Engineering
- The questions in the paper will be of multiple choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Date of start of online registration: April 1, 2016
- Last date for online registration: May 13, 2016
- Hall ticket or admit cards available for download: from May 20, 2016
- Date of IMU CET 2016: June 4, 2016
- Date of IMU CET 2016 results: June 8, 2016