Marine Engineering is one of the branches in engineering department, which deals with the boats, ships, oils, rigs and any other marine vessel.
A Marine Engineer is a professional, who deals with the operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical parts of the boats and ships.
The Marine Engineer was born on the day the French inventor Deni's Papin constructed a steam boat powered by his steam engine in 1704.
List of Marine Engineering Courses:
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- B.E / B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- M.E / M.Tech in Marine Engineering
- M.Sc in Marine Geology
List of colleges which offer Marine Engineering:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- International Marine Communication Centre
- Cochin University
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Chennai
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai
- Indian Maritime University
- Mangalore University
- Tolani Maritime University
List of entrance examinations for Marine Engineering:
- MERI: Marine Engineering and Research Institute Entrance Examination
- IMU CET: Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
- JEE Advanced: Joint Entrance Examination
- GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
For undergraduate courses:
Candidates must have passed class 12th board examination in PCM subjects.
For postgraduate courses:
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering.