There is a happy news for parents looking to send their children to nursery classes for the academic session 2017-18.
They can now apply for nursery admissions in certain Delhi government schools also.
From the upcoming 2017-18 academic session, around 150 Sarvodaya Vidyalayas under the directorate of education will offer nursery classes, online forms for which are already out.
About the admission process:
- The online registrations for admissions in these schools began on Saturday, March 4, 2017, and will end on March 18, 2017.
- Parents who want to get their child admitted for the nursery, KG and Class 1 can apply to Sarvodaya Vidyalayas during this time.
- There are around 450 Sarvodaya Vidyalayas under the directorate of education out of which 404 offers KG (pre-primary) options.
- The government plans to introduce nursery classes in all these schools in the coming years and has started the process with 150 schools for the upcoming academic session.
- Online application forms for nursery and KG/ Class I (entry class) in government Sarvodaya Vidyalayas of the DOE need to be submitted by the parents between March 4, 2017, to March 18, 2017 (both days inclusive) on the department's website under the link 'Govt Schools Admission'," the DOE said in a circular.
- Parents can select five Sarvodaya Vidyalayas as per their preference in the application form.
- Admission will be done based on the draw of lots as per the number of seats available in a particular Sarvodaya Vidyalaya.
- "There will be one section of the nursery in the around 150 schools and each class will have 40 seats," officials said.
For nursery class:
- Application forms of only those children will be considered who have completed three years of age as on March 31, 2017 (child must be born on April 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014).
For KG class admissions:
- The child should have completed 4-years of age as on March 31, 2017 (child must be born on April 1, 2014, to March 31, 2013).
For Class I admissions:
- Applicants should have attained the age of 5-years as on March 31, 2017 (child must be born on April 1, 2011, to March 31, 2012).
Parents will have to fill details such as 'Aadhaar number' of the child and provide one passport size photograph of the child, bank account number of the child along with the name of the bank's branch and its IFSC code and date of birth of a child.
Parents will also have to submit documents at the time of admissions such as original date of birth certificate issued by MCD or any other local body. Certificate of caste and certificate of disability also needs to be submitted wherever applicable, said an official.
Also, read: IIHMR Opens Admission For MBA Program 2017