Around 8,730 engineering seats were left vacant after the second round or seat allotment.
The Option entry process will begin from July 30th, 2013.
This extended round is only for Engineering and Architecture, but not for Medical / Dental courses.
The following are the eligible candidates to seek admission to Engineering / Architecture:
- All candidates who have paid fees either in the first round or in second round.
- All candidates who have reported to the colleges after payment of prescribed fee.
- All candidates who have paid CET fees, but have not joined the college.
- All the candidates who have not participated in the earlier rounds.
- All the candidates who have not been allotted seat in the previous rounds.
Seat allotment will be carried based on options entered by the candidates and merit.
If any seat is allotted in this round, the seat allotted in earlier rounds will be automatically cancelled, and will be offered to the next eligible candidates.
Therefore, the candidates are advised to enter options only if they are interested. For any reason, the earlier seat will not be given to the candidates, after the allotment of a seat in this round.
Refunds of fees:
Candidates can apply for refund of fees up to July 30, 2013 (6 PM). The amount paid by the candidates will be returned to them after reconciliation within 15 days.
All candidates who are allotted seats in the second and second extended round will have to report to the colleges on or before Aug 05, 2013.
After completion of 2nd extended round, if any of the candidates cancel the allotted seat, the entire fee amount will be forfeited.