Fine Arts as a discipline is no more seen as a traditional course. With the increasing opportunities and lucrative career prospects, youth in India are pursuing the course.
Fine Arts as a course made it feasible for artists to reach out to the ordinary man at an affordable price.
In today's scenario, Art making has extended far beyond painting, drawing and sculpture.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) programme offers the guidance and resources that enable the aspirants to discover their own voice, talent and love for life.
A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree will often include courses in acting, musical theater, ceramics, computer animation, creative writing, dance, dramatic writing, drawing, fiber, film production, visual effects, animation, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, visual arts, technical arts, interior design, metalworking, music, new media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, stage management, or television production.
A graduate in fine arts can pursue career at advertising companies, publishing houses, product design, manufacturing department, magazines, television, graphic arts, teaching, files & theater productions.
If you are among the students who seek to pursue Fine Arts as a course can find the list of top Fine Arts colleges in India.
Here is the Top 10 Best colleges for Fine Arts:
Kala Bhavan (Institute of Fine Arts), Santiniketan
- Kala Bhavana of Visva Bharati is well-known as a distinguished centre for Visual Art practice and research in India.
- Its academic programme is broad based, it introduces the students to a vast repertoire of techniques and art forms backed by the knowledge of history of art.
- The studio practice, lectures, discussions and exhibitions keep the art atmosphere of the faculty alive, where the students get ample opportunity to sharpen their individual sensibilities and future prospects.
Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi, Delhi
- Department of Music, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts is indeed an unparalelled institution in this country.
- The experience of learning in this department is truly very unique for the student.
- In this year of the Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi, we are proud to look at the Fifty years of effectuating the strategies of adapting our classical music from the traditional Gurukul system to that of the university system.
Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts, Mumbai
- Sir J J Institute of Applied Art started operations in the premises of Sir J. J. School of Art in 1935.
- It was awarded independent institute status in 1961.
- The aim of the institute is to provide facilities for the professional and specialized training in Visual Communication.
- The specialized areas covered are Lettering-Typography, Illustration, Photography, Computer Graphics and the Exhibition Display Design.
Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- The Faculty of Visual Arts is one of the leading institutions in Fine Arts.
- It offers Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Fine Arts Courses and research programme in different specialized areas.
- It has various branches of specialization, viz. Applied Arts, Plastic Arts, Painting.
- It attracts an appreciable number of foreign students.
- The Faculty stresses on optimum interaction with standard art activities all over the country, organizes Art Fairs and Art Exhibitions quite frequently.
College of Art, Delhi
- College of Art is an Institution established in 1942.
- The college offers advanced training in Visual Art, creative and applied, leading to the Bachelor of Fine Art Course and Postgraduate course of Master in Fine Art.
- College of Art holds tremendous fame and name for its all-inclusive, holistic, and industry-specific courses and classes, such as Painting, Sketching, Applied Art, Sculpture, Art Teaching and Photography.
L.S Raheja School of Art, Mumbai
- The Sadhana Education Society's L. S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce aims at imparting quality education to enable its stakeholders to face the emerging challenges of future.
- It also aims at creating performers, winners, achievers and leaders.
- Students are exposed to information, knowledge, and an environment which is congenial to the growth and all-round development of personality.
Bharti Vidyapeeths Kala Mavidyalaya College of Fine Arts, Pune
- Bharti Vidyapeeths Kala Mavidyalaya College of Fine Arts, Pune was established by Dr. Patangrao Kadam.
- The college provides educational opportunities to the students who want to make their career in the field of Fine Arts.
- We are committed to consistently facilitate academic, professional and over all development of the student, and to create art awareness in the society.
Department of Fine Arts, Kurukshetra University
- Department of Fine Arts, Kurukshetra University was established in 1995.
- Today, Kurukshetra University is offering world-class education to students from throughout India and other countries.
- The college provides learning experience designed to develop intellectual abilities, as well as social, moral and ethical values.
University College of Fine Arts, University of Mysore, Mysore
- Established in 1965, the college is affiliated to University of Mysore.
- It offers diplomas, under and post graduate degrees in Music, Dramatics, Dance, languages, Aesthetics along with inter-disciplinary options too.
Department of Fine Arts, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- The Department of Fine Arts was established in 1988 in the Faculty of Arts.
- The Department introduced two professional courses, Master of Fine Arts and the Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1993 and 1998 respectively.
- The teaching program in the department is focused on quality results in both creative and research field which has been achieved by periodic updating of syllabi in accordance with the relevance and advancement of knowledge in the subject.
- The education of art in an institution of quality like AMU definitely enriches the learner in a multidimensional ways.
Also read: Top 10 Fine Arts Colleges in India - 2015