If you are in the final year of your academic classes, then it is time for the colleges to offer placement services. This is the perfect time for all you final year students to prepare for the placements.
Campus placement is a chance of a lifetime.
If you are not prepared well, then you could miss the best chance to get into one of the best companies, which offer you the best salary packages in the industry. Campus placements is not viable until and unless students are industry ready.
The following are some useful tips for students to prepare for their campus placements.
Prepare A Resume
- A well-structured resume proves to be an indispensable tool. Nevertheless, just having a resume is not sufficient.
Clamp The Opportunities
- An aspirant must know about the companies visiting the campus. What type of company, role of the job, the selection process.
Back To The Roots
- A lot of candidates tend to ignore this, but the most important thing in your selection process is going to be your knowledge of engineering topics - that you've studied over the last 2-3 years.
- First and foremost important for placement is to have a few pairs of formal shirts and pants. Go for plain white well-fitted full sleeve shirts with tie, black trousers without pleats and plain black leather shoes.
- Women have several options when it comes to formals. A light-coloured formal shirt and black trousers or a simple, light-coloured saree or salwar suit, will do.
- In the current economic environment, where knowledge gets obsolete at a rapid pace, it is imperative for students to possess the right learning attitude.
- In fact, this factor is given the highest priority by the recruiters also as they expect their employees to be able to cope with fast changing business scenarios.
- You could surf the Internet for some good tips on GDs for the ground rules. Then form a GD practice group along with some fellow students.
- GDs can be tricky affairs, because you need to walk a fine line between being too aggressive and too meek. You can't hog all the limelight, yet you can't hide in the background. You can't be too loud or too soft.
- It is the most common round for the companies to select the candidates for further rounds. Most of the students are nervous about aptitude test.
- It is very easy to take, all it needs is practice.
- Don't expect to master the aptitude skills in just a week or two. At least 1.5-2 months of practice is required.
Written & Spoken English
- This round is conducted to test the candidate's verbal communication skills.
- A candidate is expected to have moderate skills in speaking and writing English.
- A lots of aspirants fail to clear this round as they cannot communicate or express themselves.
- Ways to improve your English language skills and be competitive
- How important is English language fluency for Engineers?
- Firms will conduct technical interview session to test the candidate's depth of knowledge.
- In this round, recruiters will ask questions on your interest of domain areas.
- Interviewers make their job easier by asking you for your favorite engineering subject.
- It is the last and most important round.
- Candidate has to be confident and not agitated during an HR interview. Keeping cool, calm and collected is the key to clear the HR rounds.