School of Science, The University of Tokyo is offering a scholarship for international students under the title - Graduate School of Science (GSS) Scholarship for International Students 2018.
The objective of this scholarship is
- to financially support Self-financed Overseas Students whose academic performance is outstanding
- to increase the number of students from abroad
150,000 yen per month
All self-financed overseas students with outstanding performance who pass the entrance examination for the Master's Program at the Graduate School of Science to enroll in April or September 2018. Priority goes to UTRIP(University of Tokyo Research Internship Program) participants. Applicants who are already in Japan are not eligible to apply. As a
rule anyone receiving or expecting to receive any other scholarship awards are excluded.
- As a rule applicants of scholarships from private foundations (including provisional applicants) are not eligible.
- Applicants for the JASSO's Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the Honors Scholarship from JASSO will be declined.
- Applicants for the University of Tokyo Foundation for Supporting International Students (including provisional applicants) will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the scholarship from the University of Tokyo Foundation will be declined.
From April/September, 2018 to March/August, 2023
(The Standard Program Durations for the Master and Doctoral programs stated in Article 2 of the University of Tokyo Rules on Graduate School will apply.)
How to apply for the science scholarship 2018?
Applicants should submit the application documents (Section 8) to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Master's Program.
International Liaison Office
Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo
Room 101, Faculty of Science Bldg. 1
7-3-1, Hongo Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31 October 2017