Directorate of Government Examinations, Telangana has released an official notification offering scholarship for class X and class XII students. Interested and eligible candidates have to apply within one week.
Name of the scholarship
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2017
Government of Telangana
Number of positions
Rs. 500 per month
- The students in class VIII studying in government/ Local Body/Municipal/Aided Schools
- The candidates who got minimum 55% of marks for OC/BC candidates and 50% for SC/ST in VII Standard
- The beneficiaries are selected on the basis of merit and as per the reservation norms followed by the state
- The candidate's parental income should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- p.a.
Candidates must pass a written examination.
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) - 90 marks multiple choice questions.
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) - 90 marks covering social science, science and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carry one mark
How to apply for Telangana Government Merit Scholarship?
Telangana Government Merit Scholarship, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the Telangana official website http://bse.telangana.gov.in/
- On the left bottom, under the 'NTSE & NMMS' sections, choose NMMS -> NMMS Application
- A log in form will appear on the screen along with the scholarship details
- Read the instructions given carefully and fill the form
- Pay the registration fees
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
For any doubts, you could reach out to the following helpline:
Dr. R Surendar Reddy, Director
Phone Number : 9177002454, 9177002457
For Technical Queries
Phone Number : 9393797722
(Call between 10 am to 5pm)
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 4 October 2017