Government of Karnataka under the Department of Backward Classes Welfare has released a notification calling out for interested and eligible candidates to apply for Research Guidance Ph.D. Fellowship for Backward Classes, Karnataka 2017-18.
This is for students who are willing to pursue full-time Ph.D. program in the field of seminars, language, sociology, science and technology, agriculture and related sciences, commerce and management, technical and medical sciences.
Rs 5000 per month
To be eligible for the fellowship, an applicant must
- Be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- Be engaged in a full-time Ph.D. program under research guidance from a statutory university or subordinate institution of Karnataka
- Have secured at least 55 percent of marks in the master's degree program
- Not be more than 35 years of age
- The annual family income should be less than INR 4.5 Lac for the monthly allowance.
- For Pre 2(A), 3(A), 3(B) and other OBC - The annual family income should be less than INR 3.5 Lac for monthly allowance.For Premium 1 -
- The annual family income should be less than INR 2.5 Lac for fees allotment
- For Propaganda 2(A), 3(A), 3(B) and other OBC - The annual family income should be less than INR 1 Lac for fees allotment.
For male children, only two applicants of a family can apply. However, for girls, there is no such limitation.
How to apply for Government of Karnataka scholarship?
In order to apply for Government of Karnataka scholarship, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the Government of Karnataka official website
- Click the relevant link
- Enter your details
- Upload all necessary documents
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
The candidates are also required to submit a certified copy of their documents to the respective offices of the District Backwards Classes Officers by 11 December 2017.
The last date to apply for the post is 7 December 2017