In order to reduce the drop out rate of girl students in schools, the Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India has released a scholarship scheme.
According to the scheme, a sum of Rs.3,000/- is deposited in the name of eligible unmarried girls as fixed deposit on enrolment in class IX, who are entitled to withdraw it along with interest thereon on passing X Class and attaining 18 years of age.
The following are eligible to be the recipient of the scholarship:
- All girls belonging to SC/ST communities who pass class VIII
- All girls who pass VIII examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to SC/ST) and enroll in class IX in State Government, Government-aided and Local Body schools
- The girl should be unmarried and should be below 16 years of age (as on 31st March) on joining class IX
Banks delivering the scholarship
Union Bank of India /Indian Bank are the implementing Banks
On maturity, the incentive amount along with interest is transferred directly into bank accounts of students following DBT mode by implementing banks through PFMS platform.
The last date for submission of applications on Portal is 31.10.2017.
How to apply for girl student scholarship?
In order to apply for the government girl student scholarship, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the government scholarships website
- Click on the link National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education(NSIGSE)
- A registration page opens
- Fill in your details
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
- Download the application form
- Fill it up and send it to the Principal or DEO of the school
- The District Education Officer (DEO) will log in with user ID and Password generated by the State Nodal Officer and sent to a registered mobile number of DEO.
- The mobile number can be given either of the student or parent/guardian/neighbor/friend etc.
- The use of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for data submission will be done by the State Nodal Officer only while submitting the data from State to this Department on NSP