An official notification has been released by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India calling out for interested and eligible candidates who wish to pursue higher studies abroad at Master's level, Ph.D. level and Post-doctoral level for National Overseas Scholarship for ST candidates 2017-18.
The key objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to underprivileged ST students.
Candidates must have:
- Scored 55% or equivalent grades in relevant Master and Ph.D. program
- a desirable professional/research/teaching experience of 5 years in the concerned field. (For Post-Doctoral courses)
- Scored 55% or equivalent grades in relevant master's program with a desirable professional/research/teaching experience or M.Phill degree of 2 years in the concerned field. (For Ph.D. degree).
- Scored 55% or equivalent grade in relevant bachelor's degree with a desirable working experience of 2 years in the concerned field (For Master's degree)
- Annual family income less than INR 6 Lac from all sources
The candidates must be below 35 years of age as on 1 July 2017
Number of scholarships
A total of 20 scholarships will be given under this scheme.
- It covers maintenance allowance of USD 15,400 per annum for all courses in the US or GBP 9,900 per annum for all courses in the UK.
- Annual contingency and equipment allowance of USD 1,532 for the US candidates and GBP 1,116 for the UK candidates.
- Poll tax and visa fees are also payable under this scheme in Indian rupees.
- Incidental journey expenses of up to USD 18.70 or its equivalent in Indian rupees.
- Tuition fee, medical insurance premium and cost of air passage will also be paid
How to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship?
In order to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official government website
- Enter your details and register as a new user
- Once register, use your credentials
- Go to the application form
- Enter your details and submit them
- Complete the registration process