The Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia is giving away the largest single grant (up to $280,000) for a forestry student.
The fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
- Forest Products Biotechnology
- Forest Genomics
- Climate Change
- Urban Forestry
- Forest Management
- Forested Landscapes
- Salmon Ecology
- Forest Health
- Forests and Indigenous Peoples
- Forests and Human Health
$70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
In order to be considered for the fellowship, a complete PhD program application (September 2018 intake) must also be submitted.
An applicant must
- Be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree
- Meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018.Remain enrolled as a full-time doctoral student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program
- Not hold any other award from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship
- Ability to think critically;
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge;
- Initiative and autonomy;
- Enthusiasm for research;
- Determination and ability to complete projects within an appropriate period of time
Faculty of Forestry Vancouver Campus 2424 Main Mall Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 604-822-6784
The last date to apply is 24 November 2017