Online Course On Introduction To Bioethics offered by the GeorgetownX university helps you to explores some of the most difficult- and fascinating moral challenges we face in health, medicine, and emerging technologies.
Interested candidates can enroll in this online courses on or before April 15, 2017.
About Bioethics course?
- Should we clone humans? What should we think of the coming genetic revolution? How much control should we have over how and when we die? When does medical treatment turn into medical enhancement- and should we care? Is rationing health care good, bad, necessary- or all of the above? For all your queries there is an answer.
- This course will explore fundamental moral issues that arise in medicine, health, and biotechnology.
- Some are as old as life itself: the vulnerability of illness, the fact of death.
- Some are new, brought on by a dizzying pace of technology that can unsettle our core ideas about human nature and our place in the world.
- And nearly all intersect with issues of racial and gender equality, as well as policies affecting the world's most vulnerable populations.
- Designed to introduce students to the range of issues that define bioethics, together with core concepts and skills, this course should be of interest to undergraduates, health care professionals, policymakers, and anyone interested in philosophy or ethics.
What is learned in Bioethics?
- Recognize core philosophy concepts in bioethics debates, including well-being, justice, and autonomy.
- Develop scientific literacy relevant to core bioethics topics such as abortion, genetic enhancement, and euthanasia.
- Understand key bioethics terms such as informed consent and medical futility.
- Practice engaging in reflective, respectful conversations with others on polarizing issues.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 10 weeks
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week
- Institution: GeorgetownX
- Subject: Biology and Life Science
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free Add a verified certificate for $50
- Level: Introductory
For further information and to register, visit the official website.