An official employment notification has been released by the West Bengal Central School Service Commission (WBCSSC) inviting candidates to apply for the recruitment of various posts.
Number of posts available:
Name of the post
Headmaster and Headmistress in Recognized Non-Government aided, Sponsored, Secondary, and Higher Secondary Schools (except hill regions).
How to apply for WBCSSC recruitment?
The application process for the recruitment is online and can be completed online on WBSSC official website www.westbengalssc.com.
WBCSSC will conduct the first State Level Selection Test to shortlist candidates for the post. The candidates who get selected in the written test will be then called for a personality test or personal interview.
Dates to remember
- Commencement of application process: June 13, 2017
- Last date to apply online (till 5 pm): June 27, 2017
- Last date to submit fee (till 5 pm): June 30, 2017
- Candidate must have a Master's degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks at the post graduate level.
- Candidate must have either Bachelor of Teaching or Bachelor of Education or Post Graduate Basic Training from any recognized university or any other equivalent training.
- Candidate should have ten years continuous teaching experience on the last date of submission of the application form.
The upper age limit is 55 years.
The selection process will consist of a one-hour duration written test. Candidates who qualify the written test will be called for a personality test.
WBCSSC Exam Pattern
- Written Test: 60 marks
- Academic Qualification including professional qualifications: 28 marks
- Experience in teaching
- 10 years experience: Nil
- More than 10 years and upto 20 year's experience in teaching: 3 marks
- More than 20 years' experience in teaching: 5 marks
- Personality Test: 7 marks