Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications for Assistant Soil Conservation Officer and Nautical Officer posts. There are a total of 6 vacancies available for the recruitment process.
The candidates are requested to make sure that they are eligible to apply for the post before they send in the application. Candidates are requested to check for the official notification and read through the information provided in it.
Important Dates for UPSC Recruitment 2017
The application process ends on November 11, 2017.
Vacancies for UPSC Recruitment 2017
- Assistant Soil Conservation Officer: 01 vacancy
- Nautical Officer : 05 vacancies
Eligibility for UPSC Recruitment 2017
Assistant Soil Conservation Officer: The candidate must have a masters degree in Agronomy or Agriculture with agronomy as a subject. The candidate can also apply if they have a degree in Agricultural Chemistry or Soil Science or Agricultural Extension or Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Botany or Botany or Forestry or Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized institute
Nautical Officer: The candidate needs to have a certificate of Competency as Master of a Foreign Going Ship as recognized by the Government of India.
Candidates must check the official notification for more information.
- Assistant Soil Conservation Officer: The maximum age limit is mentioned as 35 years.
- Nautical Officer: The age limit is maximum of 50 years.
- The candidates can check the official notification for age relaxation rules.
There will be a probation period of one year applicable for both the posts.
Also Know: Preparation Tips for UPSC Exam!
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2017?
- The candidates will have to visit the official website -upsc.gov.in
- Click on the tab 'Online Recruitment Application (ORA)' under Recruitment
- Click on the 'Assistant Soil Conservation Officer (Natural Resource Management/Rainfed Farming System)' or 'Nautical Surveyor-cum-Deputy Director General (Technical)' to check the notification.
- Make sure you are eligible for the post.
- Next, to the name of the post click on the 'Apply Now' link.
- Register if you haven't.
- Use the credentials and log in.
- Enter your details.
- Upload a passport size photograph and signature in the space provided.
- Submit the details.
- Download a copy.
- Take a print out and send the hard copy along with necessary documents to the address mentioned in the notification.