Admissions for Combined Geo-Scientist And Geologist Examination, 2017 has been opened by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It has invited eligible candidates for various posts to apply for the exam. Applications must be made on the UPSC official website. The last date to apply is March 3, 2017 till 6 pm.
Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
Geologist, Group A : 40 posts
Geophysicist, Group A : 40 posts
Chemist. Group A : 25 posts
Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 33 Vacancies
In order to be eligible to take up the exam, a candidate must fulfil either of the following
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of
- permanently settling in India. or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African
- Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia
- From Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
A candidate must be 21 years old and not over 32 years.
The candidates (except female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs 200.
There will be a written tests followed by a face to face interview
How to Apply
- Go to www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click the link 'ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC'
- A new page will open. Under 'COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION' choose the link for registration
- Registration is in two parts, Part I and Part II
- First fill your details and log in with the same
Dates to Remember
- Last date to apply : 3 March 2017
- The recruitment examination is on May 12
Also Read: UPSC CAPF Exam Results Released: Check Now!