UPSC CDS II official notification has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This is regarding the CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination II, 2017.
Where to find the UPSC CDS II notification?
UPSC CDS II notification will be available on the official website upsc.gov.in
- Indian Army, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 100
- Indian Navy, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: 45
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 (Pre-Flying)
- SSC Course (NT) (For Men), Officers' Training Academy, Chennai: 225
- SSC Women (Non-Technical), Officers Training Academy, Chennai: 12
How to apply for UPSC CDS II 2017?
In order to apply for UPSC CDS II 2017, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website, upsconline.gov.in
- Click on the link UPSC CDS 2017
- Fill in all the required information
- In part II, fill the payment details and choice of exam centre, upload your photo and signature
- Click to submit
- Download and take a print out for further reference
- IMA and Officers' Training Academy: Candidates interested in applying need to possess a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy: Interested applicants must possess a degree in Engineering from a recognised university/Institution.
- Air Force Academy: Candidates must possess a degree from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics in Class 12) or a Bachelor of Engineering
- The male candidate should be born between July 2, 1994 born and July 1, 1999
- For the Indian Air Force, age should be 20 to 24 years
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force and only married candidates above 25 years of age can apply in the latter
The candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs 200. The candidates from reserved category are exempted from paying application fee.
Point to note
The applicants who wish to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as the first choice, as they have to be administered Computer Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and/or pilot aptitude battery test at one of the AFSBs and AF Medicals at Central Establishment/Institute of Aviation Medicines.
- All the candidates are requested to apply through prescribed format latest by September 8 till 6 pm only
- The UPSC will conduct the CDS II examination on November 19 at various test centres across the state