Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services preliminary examination is scheduled to be held on August 7. Aspirants who are interested can apply online till May 27, 2016.
- Union Public Service Commission preliminary examination will comprises of 2 papers, which are of objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a total of 400 marks
- General Studies Paper - II (Preliminary) examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum marks of 33 percent
- The question papers will be both in Hindi and English
- Exam duration for each paper: 2 hours
Selection of candidates will be based on candidate's performance in the preliminary examination followed by the main examination and interview.
- Last date to apply: May 27, 2016
- Date of preliminary examination: August 7, 2016
- Date of main examination: December 3, 2016