The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has invited the online application for candidates who want to apply for the post of Assistant Conservator of Forests, Group 1 A service.
A total of 14 vacancies are available for recruitment. The candidates are requested to make sure that they are eligible for the position before they apply. Incomplete applications or applications that are received after the deadline will be disqualified.
Important Dates for TNPSC Recruitment 2017
- The last date to submit the applications is October 9, 2017.
- The preliminary examination for the recruitment process will be conducted on December 17, 2017.
- The dates for the main examination will be released after the announcement of the results of the preliminary exam result.
Eligibility for TNPSC Recruitment 2017
- The candidates must make sure that they meet the educational qualifications that are mentioned by the commission in the official notification.
- The candidates must also have adequate knowledge in the Tamil language to be eligible for recruitment.
- The minimum age limit for the candidates to apply for the post is 21 years of age.
- The maximum age limit for candidates who belong to unreserved categories is 30 years.
- The maximum age limit for the candidates who belong to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs (OBCM), BCMs and Dws categories is 35 years of age.
- The candidates are requested to check for the official notification for rules related to age relaxation.
The Selection Process for TNPSC Recruitment 2017
The selection process for the recruitment of candidates will follow a preliminary examination which will be conducted in the month of December. Following which there will be a Main examination, the dates for which will be released after the results for the preliminary exams.
About the Preliminary examination for TNPSC Recruitment 2017
- The preliminary exam will consist of 200 questions.
- The duration for the examination will go one for 3 hours.
- The candidates need to get the minimum qualifying marks of 120 (90 for the reserved categories)
- The question papers will be set in Tamil and English languages.
- The venues for the preliminary exams will be in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli and Tirunelveli.
The main examination will be held in the city of Chennai.
How to Apply for TNPSC Recruitment 2017?
- The candidates will have to visit the official website - tnpsc.gov.in
- Roll over the Notification Tab, and Click on the link that reads 'Latest Notification'
- You will find the Assistant Conservator of Forests notification.
- Read through the notification and make sure you are eligible for the post.
- Click on Apply Online and register as a new user if you haven;t registered already.
- Login to your account.
- Follow the instructions provided on the web page.
- Fill in you details and attach if any necessary documents, signature, photograph has to be attached.
- Submit the application.
- Download and take a print out of the application form for future reference.