The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the Paper I examination for the recruitment of sub-inspectors in Delhi Police and assistant sub-inspectors in the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) from July 1 to July 7, 2017.
The commission also advised the candidates in the notification to download their e- admit cards from the websites of the concerned regional offices.
Why is the exam conducted?
- The SSC will fill 2221 (tentative vacancy) posts through this exam.
How is the selection process done?
- Those who clear Paper I will have to appear in the physical endurance test/medical exam. Only those who clear the PET/PST and found medically fit will be allowed to appear in Paper II.
About the exam pattern:
- The exam will consist of two papers - Paper I and Paper II.
For Paper 1:
- Paper 1 will be of two hours' duration and carry 200 marks. This will be divided into four parts carrying 50 marks each: 1) Part A: General Intelligence and reasoning 2) Part B: General knowledge and general awareness 3) Part C: Quantitative Aptitude 4) Part D: English Comprehension.
For Paper 2:
- The Paper II exam is scheduled to be held on October 8, 2017.
- Paper II will be of two hours' duration and carry 200 marks for questions from English language and comprehension. Questions in this paper will test candidate's understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), vocabulary, spellings, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words, comprehension etc.
- Questions in both papers will be of objective multiple choice type. Questions will be in Hindi and English in Parts A, B, and C of Paper I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in both the papers.
- The commission reserves the right to add an additional tier in the scheme of the exam. It can fix different minimum qualifying standards in each part of Paper I.
How to download the admit card?
- Candidates can download their respective e- admit card on their official website.
Details of tentative vacancy:
- Sub-inspector in Delhi Police/Male: 616
- Sub-inspector in Delhi Police/ Female: 256
- Sub-inspector (GD) in CAPFs/Male: 697
- Sub-inspector (GD) in CAPFs/Female: 89
- ASI (Executive) in CISF/Male: 507
- ASI (Executive) in CISF/Female: 56