The Staff Selection Commission has announced the re-examination dates of Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Examination, 2016 (Paper-I). The SSC MTS re-exam will be held from September 16 to October 26 in the Computer Based Mode. Here are the fresh examination dates for the Multi Taking Exam (MTS) 2016.
Why is the re-exam held?
The SSC MTS 2016 Paper-I (afternoon shift) that was scheduled to be held on April 30 was cancelled by the commission after the question paper and the answer keys were readily available on social media.
- The exam will comprise of four sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness.
- Each section carries 25 marks
- Total marks is 100
- Time duration is 90 minutes for normal candidates and 120 minutes for the differently abled.
Points to remember
- Orthopedically Handicapped candidates (other than a candidate afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) who have a locomotor disability (40 per cent or more) wherein the dominant writing extremity is affected to the extent of slowing down the performance of the candidate (such deficiency to be indicated in the medical certificate submitted by the candidate) are also allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour
- There is no change with regard to maximum marks and negative marking given in the original notice of examination for Paper-I
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Paper 1. Paper 2 will be only of qualifying nature. The cut-offs in Paper-I and qualifying marks in Paper-II may be different for vacancies in each state/UT will be fixed at the discretion of the commission. Candidates for each state/UT will be finally selected based on their performance in Paper-I, subject to their meeting basic qualifying standards fixed in Paper-II.
Selected candidates will be paid between Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200 with the grade pay of Rs 1,800.
SSC is an organization that works for the government of India to hire staff for the several posts in various ministries and departments of the government and in subordinate groups. The commission works under the central government that conducts recruitment of Group B non-gazetted and Group C non-technical vacancies in the country.