An official employment notification has been released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), calling out for interested and eligible candidates to apply for the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2017.
Why is SSC CHSL held?
The exam is held every year to select candidates to the posts of
- Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Data Entry Operator
- Candidates in the age group of 18-27 years with 10+2 educational qualification are eligible to apply for the SSC CHSL 2017.
- 'For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.'
Rs. 100 and it can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa/ Mastercard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit card.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200, grade pay Rs 1,900 (pre-revised)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA): Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200, grade pay Rs 2,400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200, grade pay Rs 2,400 (pre-revised)
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2017?
Candidates can apply for the same at the official website of the Commission at ssconline.nic.in.
SSC CHSL 2018 exam dates
- This year, the exam will be held in March 2018
- The tier 2 exam will be held in July 2018
The last date to register online for SSC CHSL 2017 is 18 December 2017.