The results of the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) recruitment examination 2016 has been released by Odisha Board of Secondary Education (BSE). In order to recruit eligible teachers to fill the vacant posts, the Odisha government had announced a recruitment drive. The admit card was released on December 12.
There are a large number of vacancies in the schools across the state. According to Odisha School and Mass Education Minister Debi Prasad Mishra, the number of vacancies is almost 7,000. The results are available on Odisha official website.
The candidates can check the results on the official website - by following the steps listed below.
How to check Odisha OSSTET results 2016
- Visit the official website bseodisha.ac.in
- On the homepage, under notification, click on 'OSSTET results 2016' link scrolling from right to left
- A new login page will open
- Enter your roll number
- Press Find Results button
According to Odhisha Secondary Education Board official website,
The major functions of the Board are:
- To conduct High School Certificate Examinations (H.S.C.E.) and examinations of other courses prescribed by the Board.
- To prepare courses of studies, textbooks, teaching materials etc.
- To publish and distribute/sell textbooks, syllabuses, lesson notes, workbooks and other related materials.
- To issue certificates of the examinations conducted by the Board and equivalence certificate to the examinations of other State Boards.
- To recognise the secondary schools for the examinations of the Board.
- To make regulations for undertaking different functions of the Board.
- To take care of Secondary Education through Orientation Programmes, Refresher Courses and other academic programmes.