NMAT registers 15% rise in applications

Mumbai: NMAT, conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (earlier called the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test), has seen a 15% increase in their registrations.


"The numbers are at an all-time high since the inception of NMAT. There is an overall demand in the MBA degree across the globe," said Vikram Shah, Director, Product Management, GMAC.

NMAT registers 15% rise in applications

According to reports, till Monday around 54,000 candidates have registered for NMAT, up from last year's 46,950. Of these, 38% are women, 2% more than last year. Twenty transgenders also have registered for the test.

This year about 43% test-takers are non-engineers, of which 22% are from the commerce background. Of the remaining 11% are from the management background while 5% and 3% each from science and arts background

However, most test-takers are from Maharashtra, followed by Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, NMAT by GMAC for the first time, has seen registrations pouring in from smaller places such as Andaman, Lakshwadeep, Manipur and Nagaland too.

Anant Rastogi, Director Marketing - South Asia, NMAT by GMAC, said that there was an increased focus on women. "Of the 16 institutes using NMAT scores, one is an all-women's college. While holding our outreach programmes, we targeted several all-women's colleges too. Though the percentage rise in women candidates is only 2%, 3,600 more women have registered this year," said Rastogi.

This year, close to 55% of the candidates registered are freshers, indicating that students want to acquire the degree immediately after their basic undergraduate programme. While the remaining 45% have some amount of work experience ranging from 1-20 years, around 180 candidates have had over 20 years of experience.

NMAT scores which were accepted only by NMIMS for admissions will now be used by 15 other institutes too.


For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X