National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2018 exam schedule is expected to be released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in the last week of January.
The official notification for the NEET UG exam has not been released yet, here in this article we give the tentative exam schedule, eligibility, and other details so that students have required documents and information while they are applying for NEET 2018.
After much speculations, a report released confirms that CBSE is most likely to conduct the NEET 2018 examination for MBBS and BDS admissions have been tentatively quoted on May 10, 2018. The exam will be conducted in Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.
Eligibility criteria for NEET 2018:
- Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, biology or biotechnology and English individually. Moreover, they must have obtained a minimum of 50 percent marks taken together in physics, chemistry and biology/ biotechnology at the qualifying examination.
Age & attempt criteria for NEET 2018:
- A candidate can attempt the paper three times only for the medical entrance exam. Therefore, students who have already sat for NEET 2017 have two more chances.
- The CBSE had also introduced maximum age limit to 25 years.
NEET 2018 exam pattern:
- There will be one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with a single correct answer) from physics, chemistry, and biology (botany and zoology).
- The duration of paper would be three hours from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Question papers can be obtained in the following languages- Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.
NEET 2018 classification of seats:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/ Management/ NRI quota seats in private medical/ dental colleges or any private/ deemed university central pool quota seats.
Aadhaar card made mandatory:
- CBSE made Aadhaar card mandatory for registration. This is, however, not applicable in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRIs, passport number is required for the same.
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India in medical/dental colleges run with the approval of the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India.