The number of students appearing for CBSE Class 10 & Class 12 Board exams:
A total of 19,85,397 students from Classes 10 and 12 are all set to appear for Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board exams on March 9, 2017.
Measures introduced by CBSE board:
To ensure smooth conduct of the exam, CBSE has introduced a series of measures to make the board exams easier for everyone.
CBSE has also introduced the "Exam Centre Locator" mobile app to help parents and student on the exam day.
Here are some of the initiatives by the CBSE to ensure smooth functioning of the board exam 2017:
- This year, CBSE has introduced the Online Affiliated Schools' Information System (OASIS) to increase transparency and to improve the exam centers' "location, infrastructure, availability of academic and non-academic faculty for better supervision, invigilation, and evaluation."
- CBSE has also introduced the "Exam Centre Locator" mobile app to help parents and student on the exam day. It functions as it is named- a GPS which will identify the exam center based on the students' roll numbers and provide pictures and routes to get there easily.
- The board had dispatched all required materials to the exam centers and made sure that all schools have downloaded the admit cards.
- It has also appointed full-time observers at "sensitive" exam centers and has already arranged with local authorities to ensure trouble free examination everywhere.
- Scanned photographs have been included in admit cards and question papers have been sealed to prevent any unfair means.
- The board has kept a three-tier arrangement for surprise checking. These include the flying squads and special observers.
- Centre Superintendent(s) have been asked to approach the local police authorities for ensuring that adequate police force is made available at the place of custody of the question papers and the examination centers.
- The state Law enforcing agencies have also been requested to provide adequate police force at the place of custody of question papers and the examination centers.
- Arrangements with the state authorities and local police have been finalized to ensure trouble free examinations throughout the country.
- The sealed question paper packets will be opened in the presence of at least four Assistant Superintendents-one of them would be from the school other than the examination center as a witness.
- Chief Nodal Practical Supervisors have been appointed this year also to monitor the proper conduct of practical examinations for class XII.