The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct Class 10, Class 12 board exams on March 9, 2017.
The number of students appearing for the CBSE Class 10 & Class 12: According to official press release, a total of 19,85,397 students from Classes 10 and 12 have registered for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board exams this year.
The number of registered candidates for Class 10:
Percentage of increase:
- School based: 6.57 per cent
- Board Based: 15.73 per cent
- Class 10: Last year, a total of 15,309 schools registered for the exam while this year it has increased to 16,363.
- Class 12: From 10678 schools registered last year, 557 more schools have been added.
- Total Number of candidates under the Differently Abled category (All Regions) 2017 for class 10: 4275
- Total Number of candidates under the Differently Abled category (All Regions) 2017 for class 12: 2497
- Chennai has the highest number of participation for the Class 10 board exams i.e. 1, 54,401 candidates
- Meanwhile, Delhi has taken the top position for the number of students registered for the class 12 boards i.e. 2, 58,321
- Further, Panchkula has the largest number of exam centers for both class 10 and 12 exams.
- Earlier, in the official press release, the board said:
- "It has made all possible efforts to maintain reasonable time gap between the major papers and also ensured that the students appearing for Joint Engineering Exam and upcoming National Eligibility cum Entrance Test complete the CBSE examinations ahead of these entrance exams."
- CBSE was established in 1962. CBSE affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, private schools and most of the schools approved by central government of India.
- Every year, the board conducts the Class 10 and Class 12 exam in the month of March.
Also read: Measures Taken By CBSE Board Exam 2017