Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) will conduct MBBS exam on June 3, 2018. The institute has released the tentative schedule of exam date and other important dates of JIPMER MBBS 2018 on the official website.
Why is the JIPMER entrance exam conducted?
- JIPMER entrance exam is conducted annually to fill 200 undergraduate seats at JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal.
About JIPMER MBBS exam:
- JIPMER and AIIMS conduct their own entrance exams and are, therefore, exempted from National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) for admission to MBBS courses.
- JIPMER has 200 seats, including 50 in its Karaikal (a region of Puducherry) branch.
Eligibility criteria for JIPMER MBBS exam 2018:
- A candidate appearing in JIPMER MBBS 2018 should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in biology/ biotechnology, physics, chemistry, including practical classes) with English as the elective subject.
- The general category students need 50 percent marks to sit for the UG exam.
- For reserved category, it is 40 percent while for physically challenged it is 45 percent.
Age limit for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam:
- The candidates should not be less than 17 years at the time of admission.
Important dates of JIPMER 2018 exam:
|March 7, 2018||Online application process|
|April 13, 2018||Last date to submit online registration|
|June 3, 2018||JIPMER MBBS entrance exam date|
|June||Result declaration date|
|June 27 - June 29, 2018||First Counselling begins|
|July 25, 2018||Second Counselling|
|August 20, 2018||Third Counselling|
|September 28, 2018||Final Counselling|