India Post has extended the last date for the online submission of application for the recruitment of Grami Dak Sevaks (GDS) for certain postal circles. The candidates who couldn't register before, can now apply for the 10,992 GDS vacancies that are available.
The extended dates are different different postal circles. Check the official notification for information related to the same.
The selection process has been rescheduled and the last date has been extended. The candidates who have already registered can apply online for the selection as per the schedule on the official website. The merit list for the candidates for the GDS posts has been announces for the Odisha Postal circle.
The applications for GDS, submitted after the last date or incomplete application will be rejected. The candidates have to make sure that they meet the required qualification to be eligible to be selected for the vacancy.
Vacancies in various Post Circles
Eligibility Criteria for India Post Office GDS posts
- The candidate must be minimum of 18 years of age and maximum of 40 years
- The candidates must have passed class 10 or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must posses knowledge in the area of computers
- For information related to age relaxation, please check the official notification
Application Fee for India Post Office Recruitment
The application fee for the submission of online application for the recruitment is Rs. 100 for General and OBC categories. There is no fee for SC and ST categories.
The Extended Dates for Certain Postal Circles
|Postal Circle||Extended Dates|
|31.07.2017 to 05.08.2017|
|Punjab||31.07.2017 to 05.08.2017|
|Delhi||31.07.2017 to 05.08.2017|
|Maharashtra||07.08.2017 to 12.08.2017|
07.08.2017 to 12.08.2017
|Haryana|| 14.08.2017 to 19.08.2017|
|Karnataka|| 14.08.2017 to 19.08.2017|
| Tamil Nadu||14.08.2017 to 19.08.2017|
How to Apply for India Post Office Recruitment
- Visit the official website of the India Post - indiapost.gov.in
- Check for the GDS notification
- Go through the notification to see if you are eligible for the post
- Apply online with a register number
- Enter all your details and upload scanned photograph and signature
- Submit the applications
- Download and take a print out for future reference
- Pay the application fee offline before or on the last date