Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi is all set to conduct JEE Main 2014 online examination on 09th, 11th, 12th and 19th April 2014.
The candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2014 online examination for the first time, have know the procedure to take the examination.
CBSE website has provided some of the important instructions to appear for the examination.
- Total duration of examination is 180 minutes.
- The clock will be set at the server. The countdown timer in the top right corner of screen will display the remaining time available for you to complete the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. You will not be required to end or submit your examination.
- The question palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the status of each question.
- The marked for review status for a question simply indicates that you would like to look at that question again. If a question is answered and marked for review, your answer for that question will be considered in the evaluation.
Also Read: JEE Main 2014 expected cutoff marks
To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the question palette to go to that numbered question directly.
- Click on save & next to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question.
- Click on mark for review & next to save your answer for the current question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question.
- Candidate can view all the questions by clicking on the question paper button. Note that the options for multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question:
- To select correct answer, click on the button of one of the options .
- To deselect chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the clear response button .
- To change chosen answer, click on the button of another option .
- To save selected answer, candidate must click on the save & next button.
- To mark the question for review, click on the mark for review & next button.
- If an answer is selected for a question that is marked for review, that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
Also Read: Do's and Don'ts of JEE Main 2014
To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering that type of question.
1⁄4 (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question.