The online registrations for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) 2016 has begun today. IIT JAM is conducted for admission into M.Sc and Ph.D degrees in IITs and IISc. It is the qualifying entrance examination for admission in 2nd year M.Sc, Joint M.Sc Ph.D, Dual Degree and other Postgraduate Degree programmes at IITs and IISc. IIT JAM 2016 is being organised by Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras), this time. It will be held on February 7, 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2016
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates should have an aggregate of 55% marks for General/OBC-NCL category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST and PwD candidates. For candidates with grades in letter/ CGPA (instead of percentage of marks) th equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institutes.
How to apply for IIT JAM 2016
- Candidates can apply online for JAM 2016 only through JOAPS(JAM online Application Processing System).
- The application fee can be paid online through e-challan.
IIT JAM 2016 Selection Procedure
- Admissions for the academic programmes in IISc and IITs for the session 2016-17 will be on the basis of merit list of JAM 2016.
IIT JAM 2016 Important Dates
- Registrations for JAM 2016 begins: September 2, 2015
- Last date for application: October 10, 2015
- Date of IIT JAM 2016 Examination: February 7, 2016
- What is IIT JAM?
- What is new about IIT JAM 2016?
- Eligibility Criteria for JAM 2016
- IIT JAM 2016 Online Registration Procedure
- Exam Paper Pattern of IIT JAM 2016
- IIT JAM 2016 Syllabus
- List of Programmes offered in JAM 2016
- List of IITs which accept JAM for M.Sc (JAM) scores
- IIT JAM 2016 Admit Card
- IIT JAM 2016 Online Examination Schedule
- JAM 2016 Important Dates
- Examination centres for JAM 2016
- Preparation Tips for JAM 2016