GATE 2018 notification regarding the examination schedule has been released on the official website. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati is the official organizer of GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Examinations for 23 papers will be conducted across eight sessions from February 3, 2018, to February 11, 2018.
The GATE examination will be held in two shifts- forenoon 9 AM to 12 PM and in afternoon 2 PM to 5 PM. According to the schedule released recently, Mechanical Engineering (ME), Engineering Sciences (XE), Life Sciences (XL), Ecology and Evolution (EY) and Petroleum Engineering (PE) GATE 2018 exams will be held on February 3, 2018, on the forenoon session. ME GATE 2018 exam also will be held scheduled for the afternoon session on the same day.
GATE 2018 exam schedule:
- February 3, 2018: ME, EY, PE, XE, XL from 9 am to 12 pm
- February 3, 2018: ME, AE, MA, PI from 2 pm to 5 pm
- February 4, 2018: CS, MN from 9 am to 12 pm
- February 4, 2018: AG, AR, BT, CH, CY, GG, IN, MT, PH, TF from 2 pm to 5 pm
- February 10, 2018: EC from 9 am to 12 pm
- February 10, 2018: EE from 2 pm to 5 pm
- February 11, 2018: CE (two sessions) from 9 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm
- Admit Card will be available in the online application portal of GOAPS (for printing). The results will be announced on March 17, 2018.
After the announcement of the result, candidates have to appear for the counseling process. The counseling process will be started in the month of April 2018.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission or financial assistance to master's programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering or Technology or Architecture and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory.
GATE exam is held by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
Apart from its academic use, the GATE 2018 scores are also mandatory for job applications in several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
Also Read: GATE 2018 Mock Test Open: Take Now!