Food poisoning causes 400 students to be hospitalised in Mumbai

By Anusha

400 or more students were admitted to hospital in Mumbai on Monday as a result of suspected food poisoning. As reported by Xinhua news agency to Indian media, it is said that this occurred after the students had a cake during the midday meal.

Anjuman Nurool Islam Urdu School's students at Mumbai displayed symptoms of dizziness, vomiting and stomach ache after they ate cake, as said by The Hindustan Times on Tuesday.

 

"We rushed the students to nearby hospitals," The Hindustan Times quoted principal of the school, N M Malik as saying.

400 students hospitalised due to food poisoning

The students were stable and most of them were discharged the same day said the doctors. "No child was critical. Many were discharged on Monday and most of them should feel better by Tuesday," said Dr Utkarsh Amgachekar, director of Paramount Hospital.

A complaint is being lodged against the establishment which sold the cake by the school authorities.

This event has occurred following the incident which took place four months ago in Bihar, where 23 children fell ill after having the midday meals.

For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

--Or--
Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X