An official notification has been released by Facebook, calling out for interested candidates to apply for the Research Internship 2017.
- Pursuing a degree (PhD or Masters with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large-scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua or other related programming languages
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2017
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behaviour, and/or
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
How to apply for the Facebook Research Internship?
Log on to facebook careers
Go to the application form
Enter the requisite details
Attach the documents as necessary
Click to submit
Complete the registration process
The last date to apply for the internship is 15 October 2017.