Dy. Director of Agriculture (Admin), Burdwan Recruiting 7 Drivers

Office of the Deputy Director of Agriculture (Administration), Burdwan invited application for recruitment to the post of 07 Driver Posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 23 August 2015.

Post Details

Driver: 07 Posts

Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualification

  • Jeep/Four Wheeler Driver- Minimum class VIII pass along with the valid four wheeler driving license and minimum one year experience of driving light or medium commercial vehicle
  • Tractor/Power Tiller/other Agriculture implements driver- Minimum class VIII pass along with the valid four wheeler driving license and minimum one year experience of driving tractor and other agriculture implements

Age Limit: 18 to 45 years

How to Apply?


The interested candidates may send the application on or before 23 August 2015.The candidates should apply on the attached prescribed application form either to be downloaded from the website-www.bardhaman.nic.in. The self attested copies of the documents addressed to the Deputy director of Agriculture (Administration), Burdwan, Bridge House, Perbirhata, Burdwan 713 101 by ordinary post .

Check below for more details

About Agriculture in Burdwan District West Bengal

Barddhaman is the only district in the state of West Bengal that is fortunate both in industry and agriculture. On an average about 58 percent of the total population belongs to the agricultural population while the non agricultural sector accounts for the remaining 42 percent.

The eastern, northern, southern and central areas of the district are extensively cultivated but the soil of the western portion being of extreme lateritic type is unfit for cultivation except in the narrow valleys and depressions having rich soil and good moisture. The cultivation in the district has improved since 1953 with the implementation of the irrigation projects undertaken by the Damodar Valley Corporation.

Dy. Director of Agriculture (Admin), hiring driver

Up to 1953 the cultivation was entirely dependent on the monsoon, and irrigation facilities were rather inadequate and more or less primitive. The position has since been changed and an all-round agricultural development has become possible. Though agriculture is largely regulated by rainfall as in the other districts of the state, the developing irrigation system has been very helpful in minimizing the effects of the vagaries of nature.

Rice is the most important crop of the district and in the alluvial plains to the east little else is grown. The rice grown with its numerous varieties can broadly grouped under the three primary classes distinguished from one another by distinct characteristics and there are : The Aus or autumn, the Aman or winter and the Boro or the summer rice. Paddy covers maximum of the gross cropped area. Among commercial crops Jute, Mesta and Sugarcane, potato, oil seeds are cultivated in marginal area

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X