As the Delhi University admissions for the current academic session is in progress for their undergraduate programmes, St. Stephen's college is likely to end its application process tomorrow, i.e., June 17, 2016. The last registration date at the St.Stephen's college is two days early of the last date for application via centralised online form of Delhi University. The registration process for other Delhi University colleges will end on June 19, 2016 began on June 1, 2016.
The admission process at St Stephen's college differs in various ways from the registration process at other colleges affiliated to the Delhi University. Until the last year, the college followed the same schedule for registration and admissions as the other colleges. But this year, we find a few important differences in the admission process at the St Stephen's which are as listed below:
|Difference between admission at St Stephen's and Other Colleges of the DU|
|Admission process at St Stephen's College||Admission Process at Other Colleges of Delhi University|
| (i) A candidate aspiring to take admission at the St. Stephen's has to apply first via the centralised registration form of the Delhi University. Then, the candidate will have to again fill the online form of the Stephen's and include in it the registration number of the Delhi University application form||(i) Candidates aspiring to take admissions in other colleges of the Delhi university have to apply online through the standardised registration form of the Delhi University. No additional application in required.|
| (ii) Stephen's college will be releasing it own cut-off post registration process while be followed by the shortlisted candidates for the admission process.|| (ii) Other colleges of the DU will follow admission procedure based on cut-off released by the university only.|
|(iii) Stephen's college will have its own individual policy to continue admission for sports quota.||(iii) While, the sports trial for other colleges has been centralised by the DU and will conducted in a similar pattern for all colleges game-wise.|
St.Stephen's college admission procedure details:
- Candidates after the registration and short-listing process will have to take up a 30 minute aptitude test.
- Candidates will be facing an interview after the written test.
- Candidates who have applied under the disability category will have to face the interview without any aptitude test.
- The interview process with the interview board will carry 10 percent weightage under the general category section, and the weightage will be 15 percent under the disability section.
- The best of 4 subjects for selection procedure should not include the following subjects: dance, fine arts, graphic design, music, physical education and other vocational subjects
- Students aspiring to join St. Stephens for BSc (Honours) in physics, chemistry and BSc programmes must have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics (not just business mathematics) in class 12.
- Students aspiring to join BSc programmes with computer science, the candidate must have studied computer science or informatics practices or chemistry in addition to mathematics and physics.