The Delhi University (DU) announced that the African students can enroll for the upcoming academic session. So far, the university has received more than 300 applications from African students and the deadline for online registration for foreign candidates has been increased to May 31 from April 20, 2017.
Delhi University Admission begins:
- The admission process in Delhi University for the undergraduate courses has commenced today from May 22, 2017.
- A University statement said, ''The university is in consultation with some ambassadors of various African countries and received a very enthusiastic response.'' The ambassadors showed a positive inclination in instituting scholarships to help African students sail through to the varsity, the statement added.
- "We believe this outreach program is a first-of-its-kind from any university in India. The University of Delhi has diverse demography and we intend to further enrich it," the statement added.
- The university will also be answering their queries on email.
- The FSR office will answer queries from African students on email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond to phone calls on 91-11-27666756.
- "The varsity is committed to reaching out to international students which will result in strengthening social, cultural and political ties between the two countries," the varsity's registrar said in the statement.